Sunday, June 8, 2008

Learned a Lot.

Headed out with my friend and my father for 18 holes today. Tom has Taylor Made R7 draw everything, 1-3-5 woods and irons. Dad has regular R7 irons and R5 woods, regular as well.

Starting with the irons, I disliked both sets of them. Regardless of which set I hit, you had to hit dead on the sweet spot or it felt like you were hitting a rock. I know there is a difference between forgiving and a miracle, but the difference between those with these irons was HUGE.

Drivers on the other hand, I would have to go with my father's R5 set, most likely because they are not draw. I would bang one out there right down the middle and the R7 draw would slowly bring me left at the tail-end of the shot. But after hitting them both, I still love my Taylor Made 200 Steel. I actually just ordered the 5 wood for the set no more than 4 minutes ago :)

My next stop is to look at the Nike Ignite irons as many people have told me they love them and I want to hit them myself before falling in love myself...

Thanks for reading

No comments: